- I am excited to embark on a new Louisville Institute-funded project on church security with colleagues Katie Day, Kyle Childress, and Mark Kelly Tyler.
- I have posted a couple of forthcoming works on American gun culture the open access SocArxiv site: The Rise of Self-Defense in Gun Advertising: The American Rifleman, 1918-2017 and “The First Rule of Gunfighting is Have a Gun”: Technologies of Concealed Carry in Gun Culture 2.0
- My article on “The Sociology of U.S. Gun Culture” is now available for free download at the Sociology Compass journal website!
- Read more about and find a link to my article on religion and gun ownership in the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion. Or you can listen to a brief audio digest of the research on “The Academic Minute.”
- My research on American gun culture is ongoing. You can follow this work on Twitter @gunculture2pt0 or read my Gun Culture 2.0 blog — and “like”my Facebook page while you are at it.
- Through my hobby-gone-mad (Big Time Tennis), I continue to string rackets for the NCAA Division 1 National Champion Wake Forest’s men’s tennis team, the Wake Forest club tennis teams, and selected individual clients. Follow my tennis business on Twitter (@bigtimetennis) and, of course, “like” my Facebook page.
- Find my most recent c.v./resume here.